Functional food & nutraceuticals
- To be a world-class research laboratory in providing a solution for Malnutrition at the lowest price in the target of attaining “0 Malnutrition”
- To provide nutrition benefits from food waste by designing a project from the theme “Wealth from waste”.
- To engage students in industrial defining problems by providing research opportunities in various food industries.
- To motivate the students in learning special skills for entrepreneurship development by providing start-up ideas.
- To provide a Nutritional enriched product with “0 Added preservative”
- To provide Low calorie food products includes “0 Sugar products”
- Fortification of traditional food products to bring back the flavours and fragrance of Indian tradition
What we do
- Functional Food and Nutraceuticals Laboratory of Bannari Amman Institute of Technology was established in the month of January, 2020.
- With the growing interest and awareness of Nutritional rich foods, people started consuming Traditional Foods & Functional foods by understanding the importance between the food, physiological function & treatment of different diseases by food habits, the concept of Functional Food & Nutraceuticals was developed in the early 1980s.
- Later it is defined as any food ingredient which proves to be natural sources that has an impact of health benefits on consuming is categorized under Functional & Nutraceuticals foods. The broad research on Functional foods added value by the addition and invention of the process Fortification.
- In our laboratory named, “Functional Foods & Nutraceuticals”, we focus on developing the products for Malnutrition at affordable cost. There are several products in the market with very high nutritional value which is not affordable. Here we made an attempt by formulating the functionally rich foods from cheaper sources, by this we can fight malnutrition and it reaches to all sector people.