Fungal biodiversity and bio-resources laboratory
- Generating advances in knowledge that will make a substantial difference in the continuous up-gradation of students and spatially complex with many different interacting parts spanning molecular to industrial ventures.
- To stimulate the students to manifest their ideas into an innovative products and process Development by enhancing the basic and applied research on Fungal Biotechnology.
- To upgrade the basic research facility to advanced level through fund generation from Government agencies and industries.
- To organize training/workshops for students for skill up-radiation.
- To enhance research credentials of students through quality publications and filing patents.
- To provide continuous training to the students in the field of application of Fungal Biology.
- Provide platform to showcase their ideas in the National and International competitions.
- To promote the research in the field of Mycology.
What we do
- Bioprospecting of Fungal culture collection: Isolation, Identification, Purification and Preservation.
- Bioprospecting of effective microbes for Pesticide production: Screening, Characterization, Formulations and Applications.
- Bioprospecting of effective microbes for Plant Growth hormone Production: Screening, Characterization, Formulations and Applications.