Biopolymer and biomaterial synthesis and anayltical testing lab
- To develop ecofriendly and biocompatible materials (films, bioplastics, rods, fibers, hydrogels, adhesives,scaffolds, adsorbents,compositesetc ) from renewable natural biopolymers and plant biomass for medical and non-medical applications and characterize/analyse them by instrumental methods.
- Facilitate fabrication and characterization of biopolymer based novel biomaterials- related to medical and non-medical technologies for professional and scientific development.
- Production of natural fiber and activated carbon using plant biomass for textile and composites, and water treatment and electrode uses respectively.
- Provide unique, cutting-edge resources to students at all levels so they may pursue their biomaterial research and innovation interests.
- Stimulate interdisciplinary collaborative research by providing core biomaterial facilities to external institutes and industries.
- To broaden the facility to accommodate more research activities on medical biomaterials by mobilizing research grant.
- Teach individuals and foster education and research on biomaterials to promote their research publication, patent filing, participation in biomaterial related conference, workshop, product and project design contests , guest lecture etc.
- Train the students with various advanced analytical instruments used in material analysis /characterization.
- Coach the students in analyzing and understanding the host response to implantable materials andcell-material interactions.
- To transfer developed technologies of bio-materials for commercialization and entrepreneurship.
- To disseminate knowledge on concepts and good practices of applications of biomaterial for use in medical and non-medical applications.
What we do
- Biopolymer, Bioceramic and plant biomass based biomaterialproduction and characterization for medical and non-medical applications.
- Modification of biopolymer and its characterization to fabricate biomaterial with and without embedded metal/metaloxide/inert filler nano particles with improved performance.
- Periodical training for students on Instrumental methods of analysis.
- Training the students on biomaterial and analytical techniques by online courses and guest lectures.
- Material analysis by Analytical Instrumental technique.
- In-vitro evaluation of host-response of body implanted biomaterial and cell-material interaction.