The Department of Biomedical Engineering is established in 2019-2020 to cater to the growing demands for biomedical devices and procedures. With an approved intake of 60 students in the B.E Biomedical Engineering the department aims to impart the students with necessary skills and knowledge related to human health; along with educating them on the uses and application of the modern biological principles in their engineering design process. Curriculum for the course has been designed to ensure proficiency bridging physiology, biology, healthcare, health informatics, mechanics and engineering. Through these the biomedical engineers can combine their diverse skills they have acquired in the course, to create solutions to the prevalent global health care issues; help to change how patients are treated; and lower the cost of healthcare. They are also expected to propose biomedical solutions to complex healthcare concerns of the society which expects newer, more convenient and more advanced means of treatment.
Department of Biomedical Engineering envisages to propel creative engineering knowledge and advancements in biomedical technology to improve the healthcare conditions for the benefit of mankind.
- To focus on healthcare engineering that includes the study and understanding of biological systems.
- To emphasize quantitative analysis and directly tying concepts with healthcare and diagnostics.
- To encourage entrepreneurship in Biomedical Engineering fostering innovations in healthcare
- To inculcate interdisciplinary work and focus on research and development in Biomedical Engineering.
- Engage in professional development or post-graduate education for continuing self development in biomedical engineering or other related fields
- Pursue a wide range of career options, including those in industry, academia, and medicine.
- Practice professionally as biomedical engineers and/or biomedical scientists in the field of health care sector for the wellbeing of humankind.
- Build careers addressing human health problems within a multidisciplinary, global industry.