Bannari Amman Institute of Technology has adopted many green cover initiatives, thereby embellishing the eco-friendly ambience of the Campus. Members of Faculty and students take up various initiatives to save electricity by implementing the outcome of Energy Audits and developing a policy for reducing consumption of electricity.
A number of Green Initiatives have been implemented in the Campus including
- Increasing the Green Cover by planting the saplings
- Implementation of Miyawaki Method of Planting
- Installation of solar heating systems in hostels
- Installation of 1 MWp Solar Power (panels) Generation System
- Segregation of organic wastes and biocomposting
- Digestion of Human Wastes for Biogas production
- Rainwater Harvesting
Do You Know?
33% of BIT’s energy demand is met through Solar Power. The Campus is powered by 1300kWp Solar Panels.