The Mechatronics department was started in the year 2012. The department offers four year B.E. Mechatronics and two years M.E. Industrial Automation and Robotics. The department has a team of highly qualified, dedicated and motivated faculty members and well equipped laboratories. The field of Mechatronics encompasses Robotics and Automation, Machine Vision, Rapid Prototyping, Hydraulics and Pneumatics, Automotive Electronics, Sensors and Instrumentation, Intelligent Systems and Real Time Embedded System which are fast growing technologies that enable the development of automation in the modern knowledgeable society.
To prepare students to achieve academic excellence in the field of Mechatronics education, research and innovative product development.
- To provide pedagogical expertise to disseminate technical knowledge.
- To foster continuous learning and research by establishing state of the art facilities.
- Exposure to the latest technologies through industry-institute interaction.
- Nurturing the innovation to develop interdisciplinary projects.
- Graduates possess adequate knowledge on mechanical, electronics and electrical engineering to solve problems pertaining to mechatronics
- Graduates are capable of integrating and using systems or devices incorporating information technologies and modern engineering tools for product design, development and manufacturing
- Graduates aspire for higher studies and can reveal professional interaction and work effectively on multi-disciplinary teams along with professional and ethical responsibility