BIT at a Glance
Bannari Amman Institute of Technology is an Autonomous, Self-financing Engineering College, Approved by AICTE, New Delhi and Affiliated to Anna University, Chennai. It was established in 1996 by the Bannari Amman Group, serves as one of the citadels of higher education in the Southern part of India. BIT aids to impart knowledge, teamwork, innovation, entrepreneurship, courage, sacrifice and duty which are innards of a meaningful life.
"A serene place for learning, discovery, innovation, expression and discourse"
BIT has adopted academic reforms that are aimed at inculcating scientific temper, efficiency, integrity, and values among the student community, which transforms them into good citizens and valued employees, entrepreneurs or academicians. It also encourages teachers to have teaching accountability, morals and values and to be role models to the students. Focus is also made to ensure that the needs of all sections of students are catered to.
Human Resource of BIT
576 dedicated staff members
- Total Number of Students: 7233
- Prestigious IMC Ramkrishna Bajaj National Quality Award 2019 in the Education Category from the IMC Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
- Awarded 'Clean & Smart Campus Award 2019' for the best practices carried out in the institute premises by AICTE.
- Ranked one among Top 100 Best Engineering Colleges in India by NIRF 2019, MHRD, Govt. Of India
- Secured 2nd position in DATAQUEST-CMR Survey 2019 | Ranking of Top Private Technical Schools 2019
- 46th Ranking among Top 165 Best Private Engineering Colleges in India by The India Today Survey, 2018
- 76th Ranking among Top 100 Best Engineering Colleges in India by NIRF 2018, MHRD, Government of India
- Accredited by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) with A+ Grade & 3.57 CGPA on 4.0 Scale
- Ranked among the top colleges in leading surveys conducted by India Today, CSR, Outlook & Careers 360
- Achieved 100% Placement for three consecutive years
- Programme accreditation (Civil, CSE, ECE, EEE, EIE, BT, IT, MECH, FT & TXT) by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA)
- DSIR recognition for Research & Development
The five-storeyed Library is air-conditioned, computerised and well-stacked. 89000 Volumes, 400 National and International Journals, 6500 CD-ROMs, a Digital Library with 6000 e-journals, 274 NPTEL and 166 NITTTR video courses are part of the resources. BIT is an Institutional member of the British Council Library, Chennai, DELNET, New Delhi and INDEST Consortium, New Delhi.