The Department of Aeronautical Engineering was started in 2008. The department offers a 4-year undergraduate programme, B.E. in Aeronautical Engineering. The department has a team of highly qualified, dedicated and motivated faculty and well-equipped laboratories. The aeronautical engineering block has a built up area of 14316 sq ft with state of the art laboratories, IT enabled smart classrooms, faculty halls, computer centre, seminar hall, conference hall and department library. The department has a wide range of teaching and research activities, grouped under broad areas, namely 1. Aerodynamics and CFD 2. Aircraft Structures 3. Propulsion 4. Avionics 5. Aircraft materials and composites 6. Aircraft systems and Instrumentation 7. Airframe and Engine maintenance. The department prepares the graduates to undertake design, research and maintenance activities as their careers in aeronautical and aerospace engineering.
The Department of Aeronautical Engineering aims to be the leader in aeronautical and space engineering through quality education and research in emerging areas with a high degree of interpersonal skills and ethical responsibilities.
- Effective teaching-learning process and research by the committed faculty to make the students technically competent in curricular, and co-curricular activities.
- TPromoting the research, internships, career opportunities and professional mentoring with the Aerospace industries.
- The habits of lifelong learning instilled by aeronautical knowledge base as well as strong written and oral communication with a sense of the importance of professional and ethical responsibilities.
Aeronautical engineers can work as design/production/aircraft engineer, technical officer and air safety officer in the national and international aerospace/aeronautical industry. They can also serve as scientist in organizations such as Indian space research organisation (ISRO), Defence Research and Development Laboratories (DRDO), National Aeronautical Laboratory (NAL), Civil Aviation Department, Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL), Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA).
- Excel in professional career and/or higher education by acquiring knowledge in Engineering principles through analytical, computational and experimental methods.
- Design and analysis of components, systems appropriate to Aeronautical/Aerospace engineering and solutions that are technically sound, economically feasible and socially acceptable, including real life problems.
- Exhibit professionalism, ethical attitude, communication skills, team work in their professional carrier and adapt to state of art through continuous improvement.