Department of Automobile Engineering started in the year 2014. The department offers 4-year Undergraduate programme, B.E. Automobile Engineering. Our team has highly qualified, dedicated and motivated faculty and well equipped laboratories. The field of Automobile Engineering encompasses many exciting subjects such as Chassis design, Engine design, Electric and hybrid vehicles, Vehicle Dynamics, FEA Analysis and CFD Analysis. Department research activities focus on Green Vehicle Technology, Autonomous Vehicles, Connected Vehicles, Alternative Fuel Technology and enhancing the performance of IC engines.
To be a centre of excellence in the field of Automobile Engineering bringing innovation and technical expertise to meet the needs of the industry and society.
- To inculcate skills required to cater the needs of the automotive industry through teaching-learning and research.
- To produce automotive engineers, who meet global demands of the automobile industry, using commendable outcome-based education techniques.
- To devise methods that enable students and staff members to become leaders in their profession and society.
- To equip students for solving societal problems and entrepreneurship development by enabling them with engineering and professional skills
- To impart knowledge and skill to formulate, analyze and solve engineering problems in automobiles to meet global challenges.
- To promote lifelong learning through higher education and research in the automobile and allied engineering.
- To create automobile technocrats with good communication skills, leadership qualities, team spirit and professional ethics to meet the needs of the society.