The Indian Apparel Industry is growing at an appreciable rate and is in need of qualified professional designers, engineers and technologists with an essence for creativity, innovation and product engineering. To cater to this ever-increasing requirements of the industry, this 4-year B.Tech. - Fashion Technology programme was started in the year 2004 to develop qualified, skilled and competent technologists to take up the challenges of the industry. Curriculum is drawn with thought - provoking concepts in the field of apparel-fashion designing, manufacturing, and merchandising, quality assurance. It is accomplished through the dedicated efforts of the team of competent and learned faculty, expert's support from the industry, state-of- the-art laboratories equipped with latest software, hardware, equipment and machinery.
To provide dynamic and impactful education in the field of Fashion Design and Technology, facilitate transfer of knowledge and skills; achieve academic excellence in meeting the emerging needs of the nation’s fashion industry and the world.
- To pursue impactful research, impart value based education and skill based education to meet the challenging needs of the Fashion industry as well as society.
- To foster students for higher education in fashion designing, merchandising and research related activities.
- To nurture and develop entrepreneurial skills among students for project management and entrepreneurial ventures by providing infra-structure, human resource and enterprise knowledge.
- Graduates will be having successful careers in industry, academics and research in the fields of Apparel technology and fashion design with a fundamental knowledge and skill in basics of science, technology, arts, mathematics, computers and apparel manufacturing processes.
- Graduates will be globally competent in fashion industry project management and entrepreneurship through effective communication, design and technology skills and also be able to appraise social and environmental issues.
- Graduates will demonstrate spirit of ethics, leadership and engage in professional practice throughout their career.