In the world of technology, the human life will be incomplete without the role of Information Technology. Information Technology at BIT is interdisciplinary. It was inaugurated in the year 1999. Here we empower students with the tools and ideas that can be applied anywhere both in college and beyond. We aim at molding the students into highly qualified technocrats and to make them good citizens of our nation to serve the industry and society. The B.Tech. Information Technology programme has been accredited by NBA, New Delhi and IET (UK). The department has also been recognised as a centre for carrying out Ph.D./M.S. (By Research) Programme under Anna University. The department has a heartfelt team of dedicated faculty members with a sound knowledge in various areas and it has the state-of-art facilities for various laboratories and supports smart class learning.
To produce competent IT professionals to the dynamic needs of the emerging trends in the field of Information Technology.
- To impart technical knowledge through innovative teaching, research and consultancy.
- To adapt to the dynamic needs of industries through curriculum update.
- To produce competent engineers with professional ethics and life skills.
- Apply Computational Theory blended with Mathematics and Engineering to model, design, implement, test and maintain software systems
- Communicate effectively with team members, engage in applying technologies and lead teams in industry
- Excel in Professional development, Higher studies and Entrepreneurship related to IT
- Engage in lifelong learning, career enhancement and adapt to changing professional and societal needs