The Department of Mechanical Engineering was established in the year 1996 and offers an Undergraduate Programme (B.E.) in Mechanical Engineering which is accredited by NBA, New Delhi and IET - UK. The department also offers a Postgraduate Programme (M.E.) in Industrial Safety Engineering and a Ph.D. programme. The department is equipped with excellent laboratory facilities since inception. The Department has obtained funding of Rs.1.20 crores from various government agencies for research and development. The department has a team of committed faculty members who are not only well qualified but also fortified by rich industrial, research and teaching experience. The Department intends to establish 'Centres of Excellence' in Industrial Pumps in collaboration with Aqua Sub Pumps, Coimbatore and Harita Tech Serve Ltd.'s Product Development Research Centre, Chennai.
Seek excellence in the field of Mechanical Engineering education through knowledge and skills to cater to the requirements of the society.
- To continuously improving the teaching and learning process to enable students to meet global needs.
- To upgrade the knowledge and skills of students, members of faculty and supporting staff through regular training.
- To produce the best minds of engineers capable of meeting expectations of Industry, Society and Entrepreneurship development.
1. After the successful completion of the degree, the graduates will be able to get job offers in the major domains which are not limited to; Production, Design, Energy, Safety, Quality management, Robotics and Automation, Control and instrumentation, Constructions and Research and Development.
2. The graduate can become an entrepreneur.
3. The graduates are eligible to do higher studies such as M.E, M. Tech, M. B. A, M.S and Integrated PhD in India as well as abroad by clearing the qualifying examinations.
- Familiarize the students with applications of fundamental Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics in day-to-day life and enable them to present their ideas with good communication and aptitude
- Enable the students to design and develop product / process with appropriate research to provide solutions for requirements of industry and society
- Assist the students to, be innovative, develop entrepreneurship or pursue higher education, be ethical in profession and create healthy environment