TheThe Department of Textile Technology was established in the year 1996. It offers a four year B.Tech. Textile Technology programme, which is accredited by NBA, New Delhi. The Department also offers Ph.D. & M.S. (by Research) programmes. The members of the faculty have rich teaching, research and industrial experience. The members of the faculty have published more than 250 papers in leading national and peer reviewed international journals and actively participate in seminars and conferences. The spacious laboratories are well equipped with state-of-the-art facilities in Yarn Manufacture, Fabric Manufacture, Textile Chemical Processing and Textile Testing. The Department has undertaken many sponsored projects funded by DBT, DST, DRDO, FICEA and AICTE, etc. The Department library is facilitated with good collection of books and journals with internet connection, besides central library (Learning Centre) facility. The Department has Patron membership with SDC (UK).
To be a leading technology and managerial resource for the global growth of the Indian textile industry.
- To build and nurture a new generation of textile technologists with the potential to be the future leaders of the textile industry.
- To provide quality education and empower the students and staff with the technical, managerial, entrepreneurial and life-long learning competencies required to attain the vision.
- Analyse the properties of textile materials to enable the selection of materials for different kinds of textile and apparel manufacturing systems.
- Compare various technological systems of manufacturing the quality textile materials and apply them for the development of new processes and products.
- Demonstrate the management responsibilities related to issues namely social, ethical and environmental and personal aspects of textile industry