LCRL is a premier research laboratory that caters to the academic
needs in the field of
thermotropic liquid crystals. The primary aim of LCRL is to carry out funded research
train manpower establishes the state-of-art instrumentation required to carry out research
frontier areas of thermotropic liquid crystals. LCRL also envisages the dissemination of
knowledge through organizing sponsored national conferences,/seminars periodically. LCRL
publishes in international peer reviewed journals and files national patents.
LCRL is fully equipped to undertake sponsored research from
government funding agencies.
Various research sponsored projects are sanctioned by government funding agencies like
AICTE, BRNS-DAE, DRDO, DST, and SERB. The details are given below:
- DRDO: Two funded projects from DRDO are sanctioned to LCRL. The first one was
sanctioned in the year 2004 for Rs 12.13 lakhs and the duration was for three years
2007). The main aim of the project was to design and isolate the new type of liquid
second DRDO project was sanctioned for Rs 4 lakhs and was executed between 2008 to 2009.
- AICTE: This project dealt with W shaped liquid crystals and the sanctioned amount was
Rs 20 lakhs, the project period was 2006-2009.
- DST: Ferroelectric liquid crystals (FLC) are extensively used in device technology. To
understand FLC, DST sanctioned an amount of Rs 18 lakhs to LCRL during 2007-2010.
- BRNS-DAE: Nanotechnology is fast spreading its wings to other branches. Liquid crystal
with nanomaterials is investigated in this project. The budget is Rs 12 lakhs and the
three years is from 2012-2015.
- SERB: An amount of Rs 22 lakhs was sanctioned through this project to understand the
various application aspects of liquid crystals. The project was sanctioned in 2019 and