The Department of Civil Engineering was started in the year 2001 and presently it offers under graduate Programme in Civil Engineering and post graduate Programme in Structural Engineering. The Department has qualified faculty members with excellent academic records. The Department is equipped with excellent laboratory facilities since its inspection. A separate CADD lab is available with excellent computing facilities. The research area includes Steel, R.C.C. and PSC Structural Components, Structural Optimization, Self-Compacting Concrete, Self-Curing Concrete, Shells, Folded Plates and Storage Structures. The department undertakes a wide range of consultancy services on Analysis and Design of Multi-storeyed Buildings, Testing of Building Materials, Quality Analysis of Water Samples and Bearing Capacity of Soils.
To educate the students to face the challenges pertaining to Civil Engineering by maintaining continuous sprit on creativity, innovation, safety and ethics.
- To prepare students to learn beyond the syllabi and textbooks.
- To train students through periodical in-plant training and industrial visits.
- To motivate students to pursue higher education through competitive examinations.
- To create Centre of Excellence in the emerging areas of Civil Engineering.
- To give a broad education to the students on recent areas of development through interactions and camps.
- Achieve successful career in Civil Engineering and related fields such as entrepreneurship, consultancy, government service and academia and engage in lifelong learning for professional growth.
- Exhibit high level of technical expertise with good communication skills and team work to pursue higher study or research career in institutes of repute.
- Demonstrate core competency in using modern tools and techniques with a good understanding of social, environmental and ethical issues for solving real-time problems in Civil Engineering.