The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering which was started in the year 1998 offers a UG Programme (B.E.) in Electronics and Communication Engineering and PG Programme (M.E.) in Communication Systems. The B.E. Electronics and Communication Engineering Programme has been accredited by NBA, New Delhi. The department has also been recognised as a centre for carrying out Ph.D./M.S. (By Research) Programme under Anna University. The department has a team of committed faculty members who are not only well qualified but are also backed by rich industrial / research / teaching experience.
To foster academic excellence in Electronics and Communication Engineering Education and Research and turn out students into competent professionals to serve society
- To establish a unique learning environment and to enable the students to face the challenges in Electronics and Communication Engineering.
- To provide a framework for a professional career, higher education and research activities.
- To impart ethical and value-based education by promoting activities addressing social needs.
- Design and develop electronic circuits and systems, based on the existing as well as emerging technologies.
- Pursue higher education, research and continue to learn in their profession.
- Become a successful professional engineer in Electronics/Communication/allied fields